Making Strides Corporate Engagement Ambassador
The Corporate Engagement Ambassador’s primary responsibility is to secure financial, in-kind and mission support from new and returning Making Strides event sponsors and to ensure that all sponsors are appropriately recognized and thanked for their support. Work with ACS staff partner to approach various businesses from a variety of industries. This person will need to lead the entire planning committee in exercises that produce relationship introductions for the purpose of soliciting for sponsorship.
- Develop a sponsorship goal plan with a potential sponsors list and strategies with the event staff partner following the appropriate sponsorship guidelines
- Attend networking functions and other business to business events with goal of creating and cultivating executive level teams and sponsorships for Making Strides
- Develop relationships with new, current or recurring event-level cash sponsors, team-level cash sponsors, and in-kind sponsors
- Manage teams recruited from corporate engagement effort
- Track contact information, contribution details and recognition for donors
- Partner with event staff partner and other ACS Account Management staff to assure that all sponsors receive any and all contracted benefits
- Able to create a sub-committee of volunteers to help support you in your role (ex. Networking Chair, etc.)
Individuals in this role are comfortable representing the American Cancer Society and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer within the business community and in the identification and recruitment of additional fundraising and sponsorship for the event. The most successful people in this role have a wide sphere of influence in the community and are comfortable doing presentations, negotiations and have strong listening and communication skills.
Monthly Committee Meeting
5-10 hours per month over 8 months (Mar-Nov); bulk of time (August-Nov)
The American Cancer Society’s mission is to save lives, celebrate lives and lead the fight for a world withoutcancer.
- We’re investing more in groundbreaking breast cancer research to better understand, prevent, find, and
- treat the disease.
- We’re in every community providing free, comprehensive information and support to people touched by
- breast cancer, when and where they need it.
- We’re helping people take steps to reduce their breast cancer risk or find it early when it is most treatable.
- In 2017 in Washington, 5,950 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 850 will lose their fight.
- There are more than 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States thanks in part to the $60 million dollars in funds raised at the 300 annual Making Strides walks across the nation
The Executive Advisory Board are a group of individuals who serve as Making Strides Against Breast Cancer community ambassadors by helping spread the word and gain support for our mission, and our Making Strides of Seattle walk. Our ambassadors use their leadership skills and passion for the cause to help assist in creating an inspirational and successful event in many different areas.
Executive Advisory Board Positions
All Ambassador roles require a one year commitment (Lead and Coordinator positions require a shorter time commitment), attendance at our monthly committee meetings from March-November, participation in our August kickoff events and October walk. Our most successful Ambassadors are dedicated to the mission and cause of the American Cancer Society and looking for an opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours per month over 8 months (Mar-Nov)
- monthly in-person and virtual meetings and event support