Every month Neighbors serves as a NAPS (Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors) distribution site. Seniors are able to pick up food to supplement and help them get by each month.
A NAPS volunteer is needed to help with reminder phone calls a few days before the distribution day and to help provide the bags of food on the distribution day.
Distribution day occurs at Neighbors the third Monday of the month at 10 am so the volunteer would need to be available then, and reminder phone calls would ideally be made from our office the Thursday or Friday before.
This is a monthly opportunity. Ideally the volunteer would be able to help for at least three consecutive months, but longer is great, too!
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Group Volunteering is a Fun Way...
- On-Call Front Desk Volunteer
- Summer Meals
- Food Shelf Volunteer
- Clothes Closet Thrift Store
- NAPS Volunteer: Phone Calls &...
- Come As You Are
- Habla Español? Do You Speak...
- Parade Volunteer
- Driver to Medical Appointments
- Yardwork & Maintenance Volunteer
- Grocery Store Donation Pick-up