This role works closely with the Distinguished Events team on the sponsorship and registration management of our distinguished fundraising events, the Be The Match Gala & Bash. The purpose of these events is to raise funds for Be The Match and its life-saving mission. This internship provides the opportunity to learn about fundraising, event planning, and marketing.
- Assist with sponsorship fulfillment.
- Track registrations and organize guest attendance.
- Work with our Gala & Bash Board of Ambassadors and Committee Chairs on Gala & Bash communications.
- Learn OneCause and Raiser’s Edge software.
- Assist with event operations including: data entry, list development, committee meetings, and other efforts based on the direction provided by the Distinguished Events Coordinator.
- Assist with day-of event logistics for Be The Match Gala & Bash on September 21, 2018.
Additional Responsibilities Could Include:
- Coordinate mailing lists for correspondence.
- Assist with various projects including mailings, research, solicitations, and follow-up.
- Assist with the silent auction.
Distinguished Events Coordinator, Taylor Lang
- June - September 2018, ideally
- Must volunteer a minimum of 120 hours
- Flexible working hours
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be enrolled at an institution of higher learning. There is a 6-month grace period post-graduation. The internship can be for class credit, but that is not required.
- Energetic, self-motivated, results-oriented, and dedicated to the achievement of personal and team goals.
- Strong interest in nonprofit work and belief in community service, strong organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work in an office environment using equipment and tools like Microsoft Office, printers, scanners, and copiers.
- Comfortable and effective working independently and as a member of a team.
- Lifting boxes and supplies may be required as part of preparing for the event.
Receive training and work under the direction of the Distinguished Events team. Develop time management and project management skills, event management software knowledge, and written and oral communication skills. Gain knowledge of fundraising and event logistics.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Ideally June through September; 120 hours minimum
- Flexible working hours; Available to attend Sept. 21st event
- Be The Match Walk+Run Chicago
- Be The Match Gala Committee
- New York Be The Match Walk+Run...
- Special Event Sponsorship Intern
- Charlotte Be The Match Walk+Run...
- Case Management Service Intern
- Biorepository Service Intern
- Be The Match Walk+Run Service...
- Special Event Auction Intern
- Be The Match Walk+Run Program...
- Education and Outreach Service...
- Patient Services Programs Intern
- Long Beach Be The Match Walk+Run...
- Be The Match Walk+Run Minneapolis