We need SHINE counselors for 4 counties in Northwest Florida: Okaloosa, Walton, Santa Rosa, and Escambia!
As a SHINE volunteer counselor, you will be embarking on a personally rewarding endeavor to help Seniors navigate the Medicare system!
- Providing free, unbiased information, counseling, and assistance in person or by phone to help seniors in the community answering Medicare questions and resolving their problems.
- Helping Seniors make informed choices about their health insurance; saving them money on their prescription medications; and assisting them with programs they may be eligible for.
- Deliver educational presentations as a Certified Presenter.
- Distribute educational and promotional materials in your community.
- Fulfilling a serious need for Seniors that can be life changing
- Educate community partners about the program
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- **16 hours per month for at least 2 years