Be For the Child
3 people are interested
A Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) is a trained community volunteer who is appointed by a judge to advocate for the best interests of an abused or neglected child involved in juvenile court dependency proceedings.
The CASA volunteer gathers information about the child’s situation, attends court hearings and makes a recommendation to the Court so that the judge has the information to make an informed decision about the child’s future.
A CASA volunteer protects a child’s right to be safe, to be treated with dignity and respect, and to learn and grow in the safe embrace of a loving family.
* Sincere interest for the well-being of children
* At least 21 years of age
* Pass criminal background checks
* Good verbal & written communication skills
* Ability to be objective & non-judgmental
* Available to attend court hearings
* Commitment to CASA program for at least 1 year
We'll work with your schedule.
310 Shelby StreetKingsport, TN 37660
- Resource Development / Management
- People Skills
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1 year commitment as a CASA Volunteer
- Must be objective at all times to ensure the best interests of the child are met