Would you like to get into the growing world of nonprofits and philanthropy? This is an opportunity to help with our website and development. The candidate will maintain our growing website using Wordpress - all for a worthwhile cause. You determine your own hours, from your own location, but you will receive steady communication from our various departments.
WhoWhatWhy is a nonprofit that doesn't take ads. We don't promote a partisan angle or push predictable views. We do dig deep, think hard, read a lot of history, ask a lot of questions, steer clear of establishment or consensus journalism, and write up what we find with verve. It's interesting, cool, meaningful work - and as a Marketing Representative volunteer, you'll be playing a crucial role in our growth and development. Plus, we are a friendly bunch, cultivating a warm and supportive and inclusive atmosphere.
Besides the great experience you will get, you will love us--the cause you will be helping.
Please thoroughly and carefully study our site, then tell us why you’d be a good fit.
1. Work closely with marketing lead & marketing analyst to target partner companies.
2. Gather a good understanding of brand Who What Why & pitch it to potential news media - websites, blogs, radio shows, podcasts.
3. Follow up on leads and constantly create opportunities for collaboration.
4. Develop and pursue new media relationships.
1. Good communication skills.
2. Outgoing, with a sales mindset; persuasive; charming.
3. Ability to lead conversations with a view to conversions.
4. Ability to forge personal relationships (interpersonal skills).
5. Some experience in a sales environment / customer service environment / PR experience.
To apply for position please send resume to email@example.com with "Marketing Representative" in the subject line.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Apprentice Reporter
- Volunteer Manager
- Project Manager
- Social Media Content Manager
- Volunteer HR Manager
- HR Recruiter
- Newsletter Editor
- Talent Acquisition Manager
- Base Camp Analyst
- Apprentice Editor
- Marketing Representative
- Book Coordinator
- HR Assistant (New York Base Only)
- Brand Strategy/Insight Analyst
- Image Editor
- Project Coordinator - Editorial...
- Recruiter with experience in...
- Basecamp Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Social Media Marketing Strategist