Reporting to the National Director Major Gifts, the Major Gifts Chair is an effective regional or national fundraiser who understands the importance of building relationships with regional volunteers, local businesses, corporate representatives, and current and prospective donors. A key component of this role is supporting our donors to fulfill their philanthropic goals in the context of rewarding low income students possessing strength of character with a scholarship award and mentoring to realize their goal of attending and succeeding in college. Together with the Major Gifts Director, the chairs will help Education First get to the next level of impact by doubling our scholarships by 2020.
Candidates, please complete the application on this link:https://educationfirst.ninjagig.com/jobs/volunteer-regional-major-gifts-chair/
- Supports the expansion of donors and their commitments by sharing Education First’s mission during key events that strengthen ties to the communities served.
- Secures Regional or National gifts at the $1,500 to $3,000 level with a goal of raising $10,000 annually.
- Cultivates and builds trusted relationships with a portfolio of current, lapsed, and prospective donors and corporate partners to generate new and increased giving.
- Collaborates with regional volunteers to identify and cultivate high capacity donors and cultivates relationships with the employers of regional volunteers that might emerge as giving partners.
- Advocates for Education First in their designated Region by attending and inviting influential community and business leaders to local events.
- Assists in building partnerships with local companies to provide an ongoing stream of volunteers and/or scholarship sponsorships.
- Tracks and reports relationship management and solicitation activities to the Major Gifts Director on a monthly basis.
- Researches, creates, and delivers proposals for sponsorship and grants.
- Finds creative ways to thank, recognize, and engage donors and corporate sponsors.
- Financially supports the organization through an annual, personal giving commitment of $500.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
Two years of non-profit fund raising experience
A working knowledge of philanthropic vehicles (desired)
Self-starter, driven by results
For more information on volunteering check out:
- Donor Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3-6 hours/month; Average 4