Help Adults earn a GED! Math tutor
Pima Community College Adult Basic Education for College and Career
PLEASE NOTE: Pima College is currently closed physically and all teaching and volunteering will be done virtually. Potential volunteers need reliable internet, a device of some sort and knowledge of virtual platforms such as Zoom or Google Meets.
Overview: Tutor adults in math.
- Tutor adult learners working on getting their high school equivalency
- Increase learners' knowledge of math for educational gain and improvement
- Work on basic, intermediate or advanced math depending on level of student
- Sound knowledge of basic and intermediate math
- Knowledge of how to use Google Hangouts or Meets, WhatsApp, FaceTime, or other virtual communication methods.
- Excellent person-to-person and communication skills
- Willing to work with diverse students of mixed abilities, learner levels, backgrounds and cultures
- Patient, flexible and open-minded
About Pima Community College Adult Basic Education for College and Career
1255 North Stone Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85709, US
The mission of Pima Community College is to be an open-admissions institution providing affordable, comprehensive educational opportunities that support student success and meet the diverse needs of its students and community.
Pima College Adult Basic Education for College and Career (ABECC) offers free, non-credit high school equivalency, English language and citizenship classes.
Classes are offered year-round in continuous 10-week sessions, at three learning centers, at Pima College campuses, and at community sites.
Volunteers are essential to fulfilling our mission and we welcome inquiries from community members who want to help the thousands of adult students we serve each year.