Program:Community Services for Families (CSF)
Using the STEP Curriculum, CSF Parenting Classes (for parents with children ages 0-17) are designed to help parents understand child development and behavior as well as learn effective discipline techniques. Classes are provided on-site at the San Diego Children's Discovery Museum of Escondido. Classes are available in English and Spanish.General Responsibilities
Assist current childcare worker with taking care of children during the CSF Parenting class, held at the Escondido Children’s' Museum. Be available to provide childcare as needed upon absence of lead childcare worker.
* Assist with planning/implementing and participating in individual and group activities for children ages 3 months to 10 yrs of age, such as arts and crafts, games, painting, etc.
* Manage the set-up/preparation and clean-up of materials for planned activities and projects.
* Facilitate program activities to ensure fun and safety for participants.
* Manage the snack preparation, serving and clean-up.
* Organize and store toys or materials to ensure order in the activity room.
* Maintain sign-up sheets for the children attending child care services.
* Work cooperatively with other staff (Parent Educator) to provide quality activities.
* Work well with and be supportive of children while monitoring children’s play activities.
* Must be reliable, responsible and have a superior attendance record.
* Must maintain confidentiality of participants.
* Perform other duties as assigned necessary to maintain program quality and compliance.Requirements
Bilingual preferred, not required, experience with children of all ages, creative, patient, kind, compassionate, fun, high energy. High School Diploma or GED, prefer some college child development classes or some experience in an Early Childhood setting, and /or at least one year experience working with children. CPR & First Aid Certificate highly desired. Professional or volunteer work with children’s groups is highly desirable. Be able to perform general physical activities - stooping, bending, and lifting up to 20lbs.
- Child Development
- Child Care
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Every Thursday afternoon from 5-8PM
- Program Assistant -- After...
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention...
- Math Tutor -- After School Program
- Non-Profit Business Office...
- STEM Education Lead
- 15th Annual Creek to Bay Cleanup
- Weekend of Service Preperation
- Administrative & Marketing...
- Costco Donation Pick-Up and...
- Reading Tutor -- After School...
- Child Activity Aide
- Alternatives to Detention -...