Programs: LifeSpring (Transitional Age Foster Youth) and Project LIFE (Victims of Human Trafficking)
The LifeSpring program was created to help North County San Diego’s transition age youth bridge the gap between foster care and self-reliance.
The Project LIFE program was created to help victims of human trafficking transition back to society in a safe environment. Human trafficking is a modern form of slavery. It involves controlling a person through force, fraud, or coercion to exploit the victim for forced labor, sexual exploitation, or both.
Many of our clients in both programs are young parents who struggle to find reliable childcare to help support them during services, for example during therapy sessions with their therapists, appointments with case managers, interviews for jobs, etc. (all on-site at our Vista Campus).
- Be available to provide childcare as needed on an on-call basis (with as much anticipation as possible).
- Volunteer will supervise/play with child while client attends therapy session/meetings with case managers, at our Vista Campus.
- Volunteer will have immediate access to parent and Lifeline staff at all times.
- Volunteer will have activities available but can bring additional if desired.
- Volunteer must be reliable, responsible and have a superior attendance record.
- Volunteer must maintain confidentiality of participants.
Experience with children of all ages, creative, patient, kind, compassionate, fun, high energy. High School Diploma or GED, CPR & First Aid Certificate highly desired. Professional or volunteer work with children’s groups is highly desirable. Be able to perform general physical activities - stooping, bending, and lifting up to 20lbs.
Time Commitment: on-call, as need arises. Typical hours are business hours, Monday-Friday.
Security Checks Required: TB Test, Drug Screening, and Live Scan Background Check
- Child Development
- Child Care
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training