Plumber Volunteer - Charles River Valley Region
The Charles River Valley Management Unit is seeking talented and experienced individuals with a background in any of the trades: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry, equipment/automotive. Individuals should be licensed within their fields, and be able to provide references if requested. The majority of this work will be carried out individually with several opportunities to work on larger projects and to assist or lead Trustees’ staff or volunteers.
This position will be based at Powisset Farm in Dover, the management unit’s headquarters/workshop for the Charles River Valley. Powisset Farm is a thriving 109 acre farm with an active Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program, oak forests, brooks, vernal pools, and wooded wetlands. It is adjacent to the 620 acre Trustees’ property, Noanet Woodlands. Projects may occur at one or more of the 17 properties managed from this location.
* Provide professional advise on subject matter of expertise
* Perform infrastructure repairs/renovations on wiring, plumbing, structures, outbuildings, designed landscape features, or on equipment such as vehicles, tractors, small engines, and power tools.
* Assist with design, drawings, and scope of work on a variety of projects
* Keep workshop clean and organized.
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* Knowledge of power/hand tools and an understanding of safety
* Ability to work with tools of the trade
* Ability to organize assigned tasks, for completion alone or with help
* Knowledge, skill, and experience in respective trade
* Some experience and ability in reading and drawing plans
* Ability to work alone and as a part of a team
* Solid communication skills to update staff on project status and needs
Minimum of 10 to 12 hours per month with a 3 month commitment. Flexible schedule. Ideally, volunteer would have some weekday availability to work alongside staff as needed.
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
We'll work with your schedule.
Powisset Farm39 Powisset StDover, MA 02030
- Auto Mechanics / Repair
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 10-12 hours per month, flexible