Pet therapy has been shown to lower a person's blood pressure, reduce stress, and decrease pain, but also it brings joy to a hospice patient. It'salso especially helpful for hospice patient's who are withdrawn., They find it easier to engage with an animal than with another person.
If you are a handler with a certified pet therapy animal, we would love for you to join our team. We have hospice patients all througout the LA area.
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a month
- Looking for Veterans in LA and OC
- Pet Therapy Volunteers in LA Area
- Hospice "Welcome Calls"
- Bi-Lingual Hospice Volunteers...
- "No One Dies Alone" Program in...
- Bilingual Visitors for Hospice...
- Massage Therapists Wanted Orange...
- Pet Therapy Volunteer Wanted in...
- Friendly Visitors Wanted in LA...
- Spanish Speaking Volunteers...