We're a small (6 full time staff) nonprofit that in the last three years has created one of the largest school garden programs in the United States (in Las Vegas). We help schools fund, build and run school garden programs so that students can better learn about science (STEM), nutrition, and conservation. We're looking for volunteers on any Saturday during the months of March, April, May and June to help us build school gardens. We could also use volunteers on Thursdays during these same months. All of the equipment and expertise will be supplied--we just need people to help wheelbarrow soil and gravel, put into place the inter-locking bricks, spread gravel, etc. Typically, a build is from 9:00 AM to around 1:00 PM--but any time you can donate would be greatly appreciated!
To find out what volunteer dates are available, just copy and paste the link below and sign up!
(Look for events with "volunteers needed" in the title--you can sign up to volunteer with any of those!)
To see what a typical Saturday garden build is like, you can watch a short video here:
Meanwhile, you can learn more about us in the local press here:
And about our school garden program here:
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Whatever time you can afford to donate!
- Please wear study work clothes and shoes!
- School Garden Build Volunteer
- Nonprofit Fundraising Strategist
- Microsoft OneNote Specialist
- Grant Writer/Grant Researcher
- Graphic Designer/Website Designer
- Volunteers Needed for 4th Annual...
- Website and/or Database Developer
- Office Help
- Public Relations Specialist
- Wordpress Website Person
- Photographer or Videographer
- Pinterest specialst
- SEO Specialist