In the heart of New Bedford lies the former nursery of Allen C. Haskell: six acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, historic buildings, and more than half an acre of greenhouse space. Come drop in on a Tuesday, starting in April, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. to help us tidy the garden while you learn new skills. No previous gardening skills required, just a helping hand! Please bring gardening gloves and drinking water. Optional: if you have any tools, please bring those as well.
* Sign up for this event
* Able to work as part of a team
* Able to follow directions
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* Have reliable transportation to the garden
* A love of gardening and the outdoors
* Able to work independently or as part of a team
* Willingness to work outdoors
* Ability to kneel, lift up to 10 pounds, pull and dig
Time Commitment Needed
3 hours, each Tuesday, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.; April through October
This is a weather dependent event and will be cancelled in the likelihood of extreme weather.
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities or sign up as a team, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- Relationship Building
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Drop-in Tuesday, 4/4/17-10/27/17 9:00 am-12:00 pm
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Gardening Volunteer - Powisset...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Fall Farm Festival Volunteers -...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Drop-In Tuesday Gardening -...
- Gardening Volunteer - The FARM...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Children's Public Program...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- World's End Ambassador
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Greenhouse Assistant Volunteer -...