POLICY RESEARCHER/ANALYST The Policy Researcher/Analyst contributes timely and relevant research and analysis to PPR’s various policy research programs. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will play a lead role in developing PPR’s research and policy program with a focus in one policy area. Key responsibilities will be to:
- Work with Research Director and Managing Director to develop and implement evidence-based research in assigned policy area(s).
- Identify new issues topics and research questions for PPR.
- Design, manage and deliver specific projects within the research program, by:
- Carrying out analytic research,
- Working with qualitative and quantitative data.
- Write papers, reports and research summaries for internal and external audiences.
- Develop dissemination plans for each relevant research or policy publication.
- Present papers to large and smaller audiences.
- Engage with key stakeholders in government, the private sector, the voluntary sector and other research establishments as needed.
- Monitor external research and policy developments
People’s Policy Research is a small team. Staff members are expected to support each other and share cross-organisational work, as well as carry out their individual responsibilities.ABOUT THE IDEAL INCUMBENT
Incumbent(s) will need to be self-motivated and well-organised, with working knowledge of a relevant policy area and the ability to apply their skills across a range of research and policy-related activities.
The experience and skills required for this position include:
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Experience in either econometric or statistical qualitative or quantitative research techniques.
- Superior written and oral presentation skills in a range of formats (briefings, reports, summaries, etc.).
- A basic understanding of micro- and/or macro-economic issues and how they relate to social policy and policy development
- Experience carrying out analysis of common data sets (e.g. the ANES, BPS, etc.) desirable.
- Experience or general comfort working independently and contributing to small teams in a virtual environment.
- Willing to commit to regular written deliverables including research papers, blog posts, opinion pieces and similar written pieces.
- Access to a computer and reliable internet connection.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 4-plus hours per week
- Access to a computer and reliable internet connection