Are you a person who thrives on planning, coordinating, and carrying out events? Are you able to gather and bring together teams to accomplish tasks?
Do you have a desire to see every person have God’s Word in their heart language and want to inspire others to catch the vision and need for Bible translation?
As part of the Tour Office team, you will coordinate JAARS Day, Passport to Christmas, and large groups (schools, churches, clubs, etc.) visiting JAARS. It’s an exciting and detailed job as you inform and impact people lives through the events.
Coordinate the tour office special events to cast vision and encourage involvement at JAARS and ultimately Bible translation.
- Plan, prepare, gather staff, and carry out special events (JAARS Day, Passport to Christmas, schools, churches, and large groups.)
- Contact presenters regarding who will present and gather the information on the presentations.
- Plan the schedule and topic wording for the event.
- Prepare diagram/instructions of event layout areas and where signs should be located.
- Provide instructions to staff who set up and take down equipment after events.
- Coordinate event use of Aviation, Maritime, and Land Transportation services and facilities.
- Coordinate any on-site visitor transportation with Local Logistics and outside resources.
- Notify Facilities Management if outdoor areas to be used, to check for hazards.
- Order additional equipment (tents, tables, chairs, port-a-potties, etc.) from vendors.
- Prepare event information for staff and provide training if major changes have been made.
- Work with Creative Services on printing program guides, and related materials.
- Provide reports on attendance, and costs for budgetary purposes.
- This is a .5 FTE position, with potential additional hours before and during events.
- Have a passion for Bible translation.
- Skilled in coordinating people, delegating, and follow through.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to send email, and use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good communication and relationship building skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours a week
- Server System Administrator
- Kitchen Assistant
- IT Project Manager
- Physician Assistant
- IT Software Developer
- Partner Relations Representative
- Special Events Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- IT Systems Administrator
- Multi-Generational Engagement...
- Community Outreach Coordinator
- Communication Systems Tech/Consult
- Aviation Business Manager
- Director of Technology and...
- AP Check Clerk
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff