Do you have a heart to minister to those who have devoted years helping to give people God’s Word in their heart language? Are you tired of the pressures of a busy practice or want to devote some of your time to support Bible translation?
The JAARS Health Clinic could use you! We serve those who serve on the JAARS campus, as well as providing medical support to those overseas. As a community service we also offer immunizations for church teams going overseas.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We would love to have you join our team!
Serve as a nurse practitioner licensed in North Carolina who can provide health care services to patients under the oversight of our clinic physician.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Perform patient medical exams
- Gather the patient’s health history and report on results of physical exam
- Order or perform various tests, analyses, and X-rays
- Perform therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care, and manage infections
- Develop and implement patient management plans, record progress notes, and assist in provision of continuity of care
- Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- This is a .5 to 1.0 FTE position
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Requirements and Experience Desired
- Must have current LNP medical license in good standing with state of North Carolina
- Two or more years of experience
- Diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases is helpful but not required
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Patient Care
- Children Medical Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours a week
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- Aviation Hangar Receptionist
- IT Project Manager
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Teams Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Aviation Hangar Bookkeeper
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Procurement Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- Type Designer
- Mission Teams Manager
- IT Network Security Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor