Do you enjoy working with people of various ages and abilities in buildings/grounds maintenance, construction and landscaping? Do you have repair, construction, or maintenance experience?
Work with weeklong volunteer mission teams to facilitate the projects they choose to do, all the way from start to completion. Help inspire others to see how their service is making Bible translation possible.
Coordinate the preparation and projects for weeklong visiting volunteer Mission Teams from churches and schools.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Prepare cost and time estimates for projects for Ministry Teams.
- Plan and coordinate materials and staffing for each project.
- Manage the work performed by Ministry Teams.
- Ensure appropriate safety procedures and maintenance standards are followed.
- Work on day-to-day facilities maintenance tasks and projects when not planning for or working with a team.
- Report to administration.
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Requirements and Experience Desired
- General maintenance, construction, and estimation experience.
- Good public relations and communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years’ experience in basic management skills.
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Project Management
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours per week
- Kitchen Assistant
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Mission Teams Manager
- IT Network Security Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff