Would you love to make an eternal impact with your work as a plumber? JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
The JAARS Center has many miles of well and wastewater pipes to maintain and over 40 commercial and residential buildings. Plumbing jobs are overwhelming for just one plumber and we need another team member to come alongside and help.
Could you be the answer to that problem? Consider serving the mission field by serving at JAARS.
Responsible for assembling, installing, and repairing pipes for water, heating, and drainage systems.
- For a full time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in US
- Repair and maintain plumbing of faucets, drains, and public restrooms in commercial and residential buildings
- Provide maintenance on four inch water mains, irrigations, non-potable water supply system, and gravity feed sewer to a pumping station
- Study building plans and working drawings to determine tools required and installation sequence
- Inspect structure to locate and mark mounting points, obstructions, pipe connections, and passage holes
- May specialize in construction and work as part of a construction team
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education & Experience
- Recognized training and licensing in plumbing installation and repair
- Two years of commercial and residential experience
- Licensed Plumber desired but not required
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation