Are you a jack of all trades? Or handy with various building repairs and construction tasks? Do you like variety in your work? We have a place for you!
General Maintenance Technicians at JAARS are assigned daily repair projects and requests, either working individually or as a team. JAARS has 89 housing units, office and work buildings, as well as physical areas needing maintenance.
As part of the team, you will have a part in making Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult places on earth. That is impacting lives for eternity!
Responsible for general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings at JAARS.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Assist in construction or alteration projects on center office and housing facilities
- Repair, maintain, or remodel constructions outside or within physical structures
- Use hand tools and power tools to perform modifications and repairs
- Conduct planned maintenance of equipment in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations
- Dismantle and overhaul equipment such as pumps, small engines, lawnmowers, and chainsaws
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Requirements and Experience Desired
- Experience in general maintenance work.
- Experience in troubleshooting, maintenance, and mechanical repairs on various types of equipment
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to safely use welding equipment is desired
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 40 hours a week
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Engagement Project Coordinator
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff