Are you a jack of all trades? Or handy with various building repairs and construction tasks? Do you like variety in your work? We have a place for you!
General Maintenance Technicians at JAARS are assigned daily repair projects and requests, either working individually or as a team. JAARS has 89 housing units, office and work buildings, as well as physical areas needing maintenance.
As part of the team, you will have a part in making Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult places on earth. That is impacting lives for eternity!
This is a position for a volunteer or missionary that raises their own support.
Responsible for general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings at JAARS.
1. Assist in construction or alteration projects on center office and housing facilities
2. Repair, maintain, or remodel constructions outside or within physical structures
3. Use hand tools and power tools to perform modifications and repairs
4. Conduct planned maintenance of equipment in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations
5. Dismantle and overhaul equipment such as pumps, small engines, lawnmowers, and chainsaws
Requirements and Experience Desired
- Experience in general maintenance work.
- Experience in troubleshooting, maintenance, and mechanical repairs on various types of equipment
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to safely use welding equipment is desired
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 40 hours a week
- Kitchen Assistant
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- IT Network Security Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- Multi-Generational Engagement...
- Events Coordinator
- Communication Systems Tech/Consult
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff