Shelter/Helpline Volunteers 4p-12am (4-hour shifts)
5 people are interested
Shelter/HelpLine Volunteers interact with the residents and children staying in the 50 bed shelter at SafeHouse Center and help answer our 24-hour HelpLine. These volunteers are cross trained to provide crisis intervention, advocacy, education and practical assistance to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault either in the shelter or on the phone.
Volunteers are asked to make a minimum 4 hour per week commitment. Shifts are during the hours of 4pm-12am.
We do require a 32 hour crisis intervention training and all 5 days are mandatory to attend before volunteering with survivors can begin. In addition, we require 8 hour on the job training and a six month commitment.
Please check to see if the dates match you schedule availability:
Our Fall 2019 Direct Service Volunteer Training will take place over five days:
- Day 1: Friday, September 20 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 2: Saturday, September 21 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 3: Sunday, September 22 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 4: Friday, October 4 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 5: Saturday, October 5 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
To apply for this position please go to www.safehousecenter.org/volunteer-information/volunteer-applications-forms/to complete application. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the next steps in the application process.
Please send application by Monday September 9, 2019 by 12 noon. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the interview process.
If you have questions, please contact our Volunteer and Intern Program Coordinator at (734) 973-0242 x 252 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
4100 Clark RdAnn Arbor, MI 48105
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Crisis Counseling
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Face to face interview, mandatory 40 hour training, 6 month commitment & weekly 4 hour shifts.
- Volunteer In Services