Are you a mission-field experienced Flight Instructor with a call to mentoring and a heart for teaching to serve as evaluators of prospective mission pilots? Consider joining our highly respected aviation team at JAARS!
You will be a part of making Bible translation possible especially in the most remote and difficult locations on earth as you develop curriculum, instruct in the classroom, and lead simulator operations.
Be a part of conducting flight operations for Pre-Field Orientee’s and participate in recurrent flight training events in aircraft used by JAARS and our partner mission aviation organizations.
1. Develop and prepare course outlines, study materials, and instructional procedures for pilots.
2. Lecture on various subjects such as aircraft operations, federal aviation regulations, and radio navigation.
3. Demonstrate operation of aircraft and techniques for controlling aircraft during normal, STOL, and emergency maneuvers.
4. Conduct instrument procedure check flights using the Redbird FMX flight simulator.
5. Observe pilot under instruction’s actions during training flights to ensure assimilation of classroom instruction and to comply with federal aviation regulations.
6. Test and evaluate pilot’s progress using written and performance tests and oral interviews.
7. Coordinate initial or recurrent training. Experience with budgeting, training completion tracking, and documentation maybe required
- Mission field experience using high performance aircraft; turbine experience desired
- ISJAO line check pilot/chief pilot qualifications and experience
- Commercial pilot license with instrument rating
- Certified flight instructor certificate
- Valid Class II FAA Medical certificate or equivalent
- Airframe and Powerplant License
- Minimum flight time is 1000 hours
- Tailwheel endorsement for fixed wing instructor pilot position
- Overnight travel is required that includes two, ten-night training events per year, living in primitive conditions.
- Availability to travel over weekends may also be required in support of the Mission at the Airport (MATA) program.
- Support comes from family, friends, and churches for staff financial needs - JAARS does not pay a salary.
- Position is full-time for Wycliffe, or like-minded missions, members.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 40 hours
- Kitchen Assistant
- IT Project Manager
- IT Software Developer
- Senior Editor
- Aviation Business Manager
- Partner Relations Representative
- Special Events Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Communications Director
- Tour Ambassador
- IT Systems Administrator
- Multi-Generational Engagement...
- Community Outreach Coordinator
- Communication Systems Tech/Consult
- Aviation Business Manager
- AP Check Clerk
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff