Do financial statements and trial balances invigorate you? Are you well versed in accounting issues and able to develop transaction procedures?
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult areas in the world through transportation, technology, media, and training.
The accounting team is a crucial component to supporting Bible translation and you can be part of it! Every department is dependent upon the accounting team to process purchases, pay invoices, and maintain the general ledger that enables staff to manage their budgets.
Responsible for to perform the accounting procedures and processes necessary for the preparation of financial statements conforming to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Reconcile accounts
- Make all accruals and adjustments
- Prepare appropriate schedules and work papers
- Produce appropriate trial balance and financial statement
- Assist Director of Accounting with accounting system components including the chart of accounts, internal controls, transaction recording procedures, consolidations, and reporting (both internal and external)
- Prepare sales tax returns according to prescribed laws and regulations
- Report to Director of Accounting
- May assist with the organization’s audits of accounting operations
- May design, implement, and use computerized accounting system
- This is a .65 FTE position
Education and Experience Desired
- Two year degree (AA) in accounting and two years accounting experience
Or Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Work well on a team
- Experience with preparation of financial statements
- Excel and Word experience
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively across all facets of the organization
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 26 hours weekly
- Server System Administrator
- IT Project Manager
- Physician Assistant
- Aviation Flight Instructor
- Mission Team Assistant Manager
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Clerk
- General Maintenance Technician
- Director of Human Resources
- Staff Accountant
- Aviation Financial Assistant
- Vice President of Global...
- Language Technology...
- IT Systems Administrator
- Immunization Nurse
- Aviation Business Manager
- Director of Technology and...
- AFOS Area IT Project Manager
- Auto Mechanic