DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Do financial statements and trial balances invigorate you? Are you well versed in accounting issues and able to develop transaction procedures?
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult areas in the world through transportation, technology, media, and training.
The accounting team is a crucial component to supporting Bible translation and you can be part of it! Every department is dependent upon the accounting team to process purchases, pay invoices, and maintain the general ledger that enables staff to manage their budgets.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
Responsible for to perform the accounting procedures and processes necessary for the preparation of financial statements conforming to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Reconcile accounts
- Make all accruals and adjustments
- Prepare appropriate schedules and work papers
- Produce appropriate trial balance and financial statement
- Assist Director of Accounting with accounting system components including the chart of accounts, internal controls, transaction recording procedures, consolidations, and reporting (both internal and external)
- Prepare sales tax returns according to prescribed laws and regulations
- Report to Director of Accounting
- May assist with the organization’s audits of accounting operations
- May design, implement, and use computerized accounting system
- This is a .65 FTE position
Education and Experience Desired
- Two year degree (AA) in accounting and two years accounting experience
Or Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Work well on a team
- Experience with preparation of financial statements
- Excel and Word experience
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively across all facets of the organization
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
We'll work with your schedule.
7405 JAARS RoadWaxhaw, NC 28173
- People 55+
- 26 hours weekly