Deliver Meals to Older Adults- Ypsilanti
8 people are interested
The Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) is seeking volunteers to engage with residents in Ypsilanti as you help deliver meals to their home. Volunteers pick up meals at the organizations main office located in Ypsilanti and deliver them along a route that takes 1-2 hours.
Help is needed with various shifts and roles:
1. Be a ride-along partner to a staff person. Jump in and out of the car, bringing meals to a residents doorstep. Weekdays 10am-1pm.
2. Volunteer as a couple with a friend or family member. One driver and one ride-along partner needed per couple. Weekdays 11am-12pm.
3. Drivers needed for Saturday delivery from 11am-1pm.
Ride along with a more experienced driver to see if this is something you'll enjoy before committing.
Make someone's day brighter!
- Must be 55 or older to join RSVP (Retired & Senior Volunteer Program)
- Minimum two-four hours per month or as needed
- Depending on opportunity, lifting or brisk walking may be required
- Receivel volunteer recognition and invitation to events
- Opportunities to attend educational trainings relevant to your volunteer service
- Subscription to a quarterly newsletter about local volunteerism
- Accident insurance that covers volunteers for any personal injuries that happen while serving
You must be age 55+ to join the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program. Please include your phone number when you contact us. Email rsvp@csswashtenaw.
We'll work with your schedule.
5361 McAuley DriveP.O. Box 995Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Relationship Building
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training