RMHC-UM is seeking an intern to support RMH Programming inside the three RMH hospital locations. The program provides entertainment and activities for families and siblings throughout the week at each hospital site. Responsibilities consist of planning, organizing, and leading activities, craft, parties, and other various House events.
Major Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in the internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and RMHC staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of the Family Services Coordinator.
- Supervise onsite activities
- Weekly activity planning
- Plan, prep, and lead evening activities
- Organize special House events
- Assist/work one on one with Family Services Coordinator
- Bereavement Program assistance
- Various Programming Office tasks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Comfortable with children and adults
- Strong creativity
- Strong communication skills
- Good attention to detail and organization
- Ability to multitask
- Interest in non-profits or family programming preferred
- Available until December, 2016 - or until June 2017.
- Must be willing and able to travel to off-site locations
- Volunteer/Intern Orientation
- Opportunity to work in a fast paced environment at a well-known non-profit organization.
- Hands-on experience with a non-profit programming team
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hours per week
- Let's do Brunch! Bring your...
- Cooks for Kids- Help us fill our...
- Meal Host
- Host a BBQ at Ronald McDonald...
- Hospital Program Intern
- Join us at Ronald McDonald House...
- Volunteer at Children's Hospital...
- Come to Ronald McDonald House...
- Help us fill our calendar...
- Come on over to Lend-a-Hand at...
- Do you love to cook? Bring your...
- Office Receptionist and...