Come volunteer at The Treasure Chest to help support local non-profits here in the Quad Cities!
We are looking for several volunteer Front Desk Hosts to a nswer inquiries and provide information to the general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties regarding activities conducted at establishment and location of departments, offices, and employees within the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers or the public.
- File and maintain records.
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Calculate and quote rates for tours, stocks, insurance policies, or other products or services.
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
- Keep a current record of staff members' whereabouts and availability.
- Take orders for merchandise or materials and send them to the proper departments to be filled.
- Perform duties, such as taking care of plants or straightening magazines to maintain lobby or reception area.
- Schedule space or equipment for special programs and prepare lists of participants.
- Enroll individuals to participate in programs and notify them of their acceptance.
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- professional, polite, organized, courteous, outgoing, friendly