Come volunteer at The Treasure Chest to help support local non-profits here in the Quad Cities!
We are looking for several volunteer Delivery Drivers to drive a light vehicle, such as a truck or van, with a capacity of less than 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), primarily to deliver or pick up merchandise or to deliver packages.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Turn in receipts and money received from deliveries.
- Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.
- Drive vehicles with capacities under three tons to transport materials to and from specified destinations, such as railroad stations, plants, residences, offices, or within industrial yards.
- Maintain records, such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements, in accordance with regulations.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Present bills and receipts and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Perform emergency repairs, such as changing tires or installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, or spark plugs.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to bases or other vehicles, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- Sell products from truck inventory and keep records of sales.
- Use and maintain the tools or equipment found on commercial vehicles, such as weighing or measuring devices.
- Truck Driving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Supply Chain
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- professional, ability to lift 100lbs or more, courteous, organized