Southern Rhode Island Volunteers is seeking volunteers to drive homebound seniors and adults with disabilities to medical appointments and bring them back home once the appointment is over. There is a strong need for drivers in the Southern Rhode Island area.
Drivers use their own personal vehicles.
Volunteer drivers will be placed on a call list and called when a client needs a ride. Appointments are random and depend on when the client schedules them. Drivers will be matched by their availability, location and the client’s need.
You must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Elder care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- As much or as little time as you can give.
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program...
- RI Welcome Center
- Musical Instrument Instructor
- Tax Preparer
- Medical Transportation Drivers
- Thrift Shop Assistants
- Board of Directors Members...
- Disaster Preparedness Youth Group
- SK CARES Mentor
- Rhode Island Veterans' Cemetery...
- Drivers for the Charlestown Area
- Horse Therapy Volunteer
- Meals on Wheels Drivers &...
- Docent's needed