12 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
MISSION: The mission of Mothers Against Drunk Driving is to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes and prevent underage drinking.
TITLE OF POSITION: Court Monitor
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support the mission of MADD by observing DUI court cases for first and second offenses, and collecting data to help identify trends in sentencing and, in turn, support law enforcement, judges and prosecutors to find solutions that result in effective justice.
- Attend DUI misdemeanor court proceedings and collect relevant data
- Submit data to MADD staff within one week of attending court
- Participate in leadership and professional development trainings
- Provide feedback to MADD staff to ensure the continued success of the program
- Intake interview and orientation
- Online training to be completed individually
- One on one training with MADD Staff either in-person or virtually
- Age 18 or older
- Reliable transportation to/from the courthouse
- Excellent attention to detail, listening skills and ability to think critically
- Respect for confidentiality
- Background check required
TIME COMMITMENT REQUIRED:
- Flexible schedule: volunteers choose dates and observations are made during regular business hours - expect to be at the courthouse from 2-6 hours on chosen dates
- 1 yr commitment required (flexible with students)
- Volunteers will be asked to submit total hours volunteered at the end of each month
MADD Colorado has activated the Court Monitoring Program in over 9 counties in Colorado. Monitors in Mesa County needed immediately.
- Learn about the judicial process for DUI offenders in Colorado
- Opportunity to have a positive impact on sentencing norms for underage drinking and DUI/D cases in Colorado
About Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
1355 South Colorado Boulevard, Suite 602, Denver, CO 80222, US
Mothers Against Drunk Driving's mission is to stop drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes and prevent underage drinking.
Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to protect families from drunk driving and underage drinking. MADD also supports drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge, serving one person every 8.6 minutes through local MADD victim advocates and at 1-877-MADD-HELP.
Multiple locations Grand Junction, CO 81501
November 28, 2022
- Data Entry
- Problem Solving
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, but during regular business hours
- Committment required through mid-April (but longer committment gladly welcomed)