Sandy Springs Mission is a non-profit organization that provides academic enrichment programs for at-risk students attending Lake Forest & High Point Elementary, Ridgeview Middle and Riverwood High schools. A 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, the Mission is dedicated to helping and inspiring educationally at-risk* students.
We consider students educationally at-risk if the student comes from a home where:
- English is not spoken as the primary language;
- The parents are not able to help their children with schoolwork because of their own low-level of education;
- The parents cannot pay for the extra help necessary for their child to succeed in school.
Our Foundations program is an after-school academic enrichment program offered throughout the school year to children in grades 1-5. The program is designed to provide much needed homework assistance and tutoring to help bridge the gap between school and at-home support where parents are unable to adequately assist their children due to language or education barriers.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED for the Foundation program to work with students on completing daily homework assignments and working on enrichment exercises such as math and word games or reading exercises. We meet on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Please contact us if you are interested in helping!
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per day of volunteering
- A background check is required (to be paid for by the volunteer for approximately $30)