Public Relations Associate
The Public Relations Associate must come from a PR background. The Putting Rare Diseases Patients First! organization is providing a unique opportunity for patients with rare diseases to be empowered. The Public Relations Associate will be responsible for raising the profile of the organization. For this reason, this person must understand the PR space.
PRDPF! provides a unique opportunity for those wanting to serve patients with rare diseases.
Reports to the President,Dr. Lorna Speid or VP of Patient Liaison
Basis: This is a volunteer position
Public Relations Associate Responsibilities:
- Form relationships with prominent life science volunteers
- Speak to journalists about PRDPF!
- Organize radio interviews
- Write stories, Blog, newspaper columns, etc.
- Develop strategies for forging links and connections
- Speak at conferences
- Write papers and Blogs
- Forge links with government agencies on behalf of PRDPF!
- Provide input on the digital outreach strategy being developed and forged by the Marketing function
- Act as an ambassador for Putting Rare Diseases Patients First!
- Help raise awareness and advocate for Rare Diseases Patients First!
- Participate in media and public relations efforts when needed
Public Relations Associate should not:
- Give medical advice
- Feel compelled to assist patients and their families with personal problems
- Share confidential information
- Background in public relations, journalism or other similar field
- Be self motivated
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to empathize with patients and parents.
- Ability to take the initiative
- Self starter
- Integrity and good character are essential for this position
- Ability to make telephone calls to newspapers, journalists, and other media outlets.
- No conflict of interest
USA, UK (England, Scotland, Wales), France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway,
Finland, Other countries in Europe, Canada
The closing date for applications is 15 th January 2017Apply Now Send an email email@example.com a cover letter explaining why you want to be considered for one of the available roles. Provide a CV/resume. The latter must detail past work experience and skills gained.
- Donor Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 20 hours per month
- Public Relations background and track record is an absolute requirement