American Transplant Foundation Mission and Purpose
This internship is to begin between Mid-February- end of March 2021or as soon as possible.
* NOTE - To expedite your application process: Please submit your information here so we have you in our database (should only take 3-4 minutes) https://atf.quickbase.com/db/bkiq82jp3?a=nwr&dfid=2
American Transplant Foundation is a dynamic, energetic, fast-paced nonprofit that works to increase the donation of organs and tissue to reduce the growing list of men, women, and children who are awaiting a lifesaving transplant. We are currently seeking a dynamic, self-starter to assist with event planning efforts. This internship is for an individual interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising and event planning. An internship with the Foundation is a way to gain valuable professional work experience, learn a wide range of skill sets, and further a lifesaving mission.
To learn more about our Internship Program, please visit: https://www.americantransplantfoundation.org/about/join-our-team/
Why join our team as an intern?
Your leadership will literally save lives!
We make you feel like part of a team! We are a community of transplant patients, donor families, living donors, health professionals, and committed community members. Meeting amazing people at events is one of the top perks!
You will increase awareness for the critical need for organ donation while raising funds for the most vulnerable transplant patients and their families.
American Transplant Foundation is growing rapidly, in part due to growing interest nationwide for supporting living organ donation. As a part of this growth, you have the opportunity to engage the local and national transplant community through our many events and outreach projects!
The opportunity to learn an important skill for fundraising through hands-on practice, and the completion of a portfolio project to demonstrate to prospective employers.
* Assist in executing the team’s plans for patient outreach, engagement and testimonial collection.
* Perform monthly patient follow up calls, and testimonial outreach.
* Provide suggestions for creative use of testimonials.
* Manage patient and client contact information.
* Assist program coordinator with Patient Assistance Program duties.
* Perform 1+1=Life Mentorship Program survey follow-ups.
* Develop strategies on patient engagement in Foundation’s mission.
* General staff assistance.
* Some event development as well as assistance at events.
* Applicant must have clear and professional verbal and writing skills.
* Completed or working toward a college degree with an interest in non-profit or social work.
* Poised, pleasant and helpful demeanor.
* Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
* Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of the American Transplant Foundation.
* Respectful with an understanding of working with confidential information.
* Professional communication skills.
To Apply: Visit our application portal here.: https://atf.quickbase.com/db/bkiq82jp3?a=nwr&dfid=2 A resume and cover letter are required. Questions about the application process can be directed to email@example.com or 303-757-0959.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About American Transplant Foundation
600 17th Street, Suite 2515 South, Denver, CO 80202, US
The American Transplant Foundation is a national non-profit organization that works to increase the donation of organs and tissue to reduce the growing list of men, women and children who are awaiting a life-saving transplant.
The American Transplant Foundation began with the personal journey of Denver attorney Steve Farber who was the recipient of a kidney transplant. Unique from other organizations that promote organ donation, the Foundation goes beyond basic education by coordinating collaborative efforts and proactively tackling policy issues to eliminate the gap between the critical need for organs and their supply, ultimately saving lives.
The American Transplant Foundation's primary objectives are to develop more mainstream opportunities for people to register as organ and tissue donors, to provide education and awareness through community-based outreach programs, and to endow a chair of transplant surgery.
Health & Medicine
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
January 26, 2021
Must be at least 18
8-30 Hours Per Week
Must have excellent communications skills, and be comfortable making phone calls.