American Transplant Foundation Mission and Purpose
American Transplant Foundation is a dynamic, energetic, fast paced nonprofit that works to increase the donation of organs and tissue to reduce the growing list of men, women and children who are awaiting a lifesaving transplant. We are currently seeking a dynamic, self-starter to assist with event planning efforts. This internship is for an individual interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising and event planning. An internship with the Foundation is a way to gain valuable professional work experience, learn a wide range of skill sets, and further a lifesaving mission.
Why join our team as an intern?
- Your leadership will literally save lives!
- We make you feel like part of a team! We are a community of transplant patients, donor families, living donors, health professionals, and committed community members. Meeting amazing people at events is one of the top perks!
- You will increase awareness for the critical need for organ donation while raising funds for the most vulnerable transplant patients and their families.
- American Transplant Foundation is growing rapidly, in part due to growing interest nationwide for supporting living organ donation. As a part of this growth, you have the opportunity to engage the local and national transplant community through our many events and outreach projects!
- The opportunity to learn an important skill for fundraising through hands-on practice, and the completion of a portfolio project to demonstrate to prospective employers.
* Assist in executing the team’s plans for patient outreach, engagement and testimonial collection.
* Perform monthly patient follow up calls, and testimonial outreach.
* Provide suggestions for creative use of testimonials.
* Manage patient and client contact information.
* Assist program coordinator with Patient Assistance Program duties.
* Perform 1+1=Life Mentorship Program survey follow-ups.
* Develop strategies on patient engagement in Foundation’s mission.
* General staff assistance.
* Some event development as well as assistance at events.
* Applicant must have clear and professional verbal and writing skills.
* Completed or working toward a college degree with an interest in non-profit or social work.
* Poised, pleasant and helpful demeanor.
* Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
* Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of the American Transplant Foundation.
* Respectful with an understanding of working with confidential information.
* Professional communication skills.
To Apply: Visit our application portal here. A resume and cover letter are required. Questions about the application process can be directed to Autumn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-757-0959.
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 6-30 Hours Per Week