Children and Youth Volunteers 5:45pm-8:15pm Monday-Friday
16 people are interested
Children and Youth Volunteers engage in recreational activities in our Children’s Playroom. Volunteers help role model healthy, non-violent relationships while providing support and assistance to children staying in shelter. Volunteers are asked to make a minimum 2.5 hour per week commitment; shifts are available from 5:45pm to 8:15pm Monday-Friday.
We do require a 32 hour crisis intervention training and all 5 days are mandatory to attend before volunteering with survivors can begin. In addition, we require 8 hour on the job training and a six month commitment.
Please check to see if the dates match you schedule availability:
Our Fall 2019 Direct Service Volunteer Training will take place over five days:
- Day 1: Friday, September 20 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 2: Saturday, September 21 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 3: Sunday, September 22 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 4: Friday, October 4 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 5: Saturday, October 5 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
To apply for this position please go to www.safehousecenter.org/volunteer-information/volunteer-applications-forms/to complete application. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the next steps in the application process.
Please send application by Monday September 9, 2019 by 12 noon. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the interview process.
If you have questions, please contact our Volunteer and Intern Program Coordinator at (734) 973-0242 x 252 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
4100 Clark RdAnn Arbor, MI 48105
- Child Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Youth Services
- Relationship Building
- Crisis Counseling
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Face to face interview, mandatory 40 hour training,6 month commitment & weekly shift of 2.5 hours.
- Volunteer In Services