We are a small non-profit Community Wellness Center. We are searching for a receptionist for our front-desk during business hours mainly on Saturday's (between 9am - 1pm), but also Monday thru Friday (between 4pm-7pm) - all or at least 2 out of those days (the most dire days of need are Tues & Thurs). We are by appointment only & flexible on if there are no appointments, you dont need to come in (or at the very least, be on-call to come in when we have Appts).
* Reliable (doesn't "no call, no show") & will think of this as a long-term commitment (we don't want to train someone for them to move-on a month later)
* Friendly & Professional (we don't have a dress-code, as long as it's modest)
* Servant's Heart (if you see something needs to be done like toilet paper is out or there are dishes in the sink; you are willing to pitch-in & help)
* Computer-literate (or you can learn quickly)
* Non-smoker (we are a wellness center & some of our clients are sensitive to third-hand smoke &/or strong scents)
Basic Daily Tasks:
* Greeting clients, making sure new clients have their paperwork completed upon arrival, let the practitioner know their client is here, take payments, make follow-up appts for clients.
* When you leave: turn off lights, turn off waiting area music, etc (if no one else is there).
* When a client arrives - ask them if they'd like some water to drink...we have both cold & room temp available.
Unfortunately we do not have it in the budget right now to pay for this position & why it would be a huge blessing for someone to help us. :-) We can, however, do work/trade service - you can get a Massage, Chiropractic Adjustment, Acupuncture Treatment, Fitness class for free in trade for volunteering (if it's not for Community Service hours). We can do this as internship hours, to build work experience (we will give you a reference), or just you want simply want to give back or get free wellness services. Full disclosure: No staff gets paid (except for our health providers), even our Executive Director is purely volunteer. We are ramping up our clientele, so we are slow-paced & relaxed atmosphere.
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours - 12 hours (per week)