We are a small non-profit Community Wellness Center. We are searching for a receptionist for our front-desk during business hours mainly on Saturday's (between 10am - 3pm), but also would be good on Monday's &/or Thursday's (between 10am - 6pm). We are by appointment only & fairly flexible on if there are no appointments for the rest of the day you may leave early (or at the very least, be on-call to come in when we have Appts).
* Reliable (doesn't "no call, no show") & will think of this as a long-term commitment (we don't want to train someone for them to move-on a month later)
* Friendly & Professional (we don't have a dress-code, as long as it's modest)
* Servant's Heart (if you see something needs to be done like toilet paper is out or there are dishes in the sink; you are willing to pitch-in & help)
* Computer-literate (or you can learn quickly)
* Non-smoker (we are a wellness center & some of our clients are sensitive to third-hand smoke &/or strong scents)
Basic Daily Tasks:
* Greeting clients, making sure new clients have their paperwork completed upon arrival, let the practitioner know their client is here, take payments, make follow-up appts for clients.
* When you arrive: turn on lights, start waiting area music, etc...in reverse when leaving (if no one else is there).
* When a client arrives - ask them if they'd like some water to drink...we have both cold & room temp available.
* We take a team approach on making sure trash is emptied, floors / kitchen / bath arent dirty, toilet / towel paper isnt gone, etc. Even the Executive Director helps with this task. (We currently have a volunteer ad up asking for help with cleaning)
Unfortunately we do not have it in the budget right now to pay for this position & why it would be a huge blessing for someone to help us - perhaps a stay-at-home parent (while kids are at school), retired, semi-retired, or college student - even someone who works remotely / virtually & can do so while they juggle helping us. :-) We can, however, do work/trade service - you can get a Massage, Chiropractic Adjustment, Acupuncture Treatment, Counseling sessions for free in trade for volunteering (if it's not for Community Service hours). Full disclosure: No staff gets paid (except for our health providers), even our Executive Director is purely volunteer. We are ramping up our clientele, so we are slow-paced & relaxed atmosphere.
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours - 18 hours (per week)