EXPERIENCED GRANT WRITER
BERNADETTE'S HOUSE, INC.
Bernadette's House is a 501 (C)(3) afterschool mentoring program for pre-teen and teenage girls in the Laurel, MD area that is looking for a volunteer who is familiar with the grant writing process. The volunteer will assist with the full range of activities required to prepare proposals and grant applications and perform administrative work researching, identifying, developing and responding to grant opportunities. The successful candidate is a highly organized individual with the ability to implement systems and follow up processes. The grant writer is expected to possess excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a diversified network of funding organizations in collaboration with BH Executive Board
- Identifies funding opportunities to match the organizations vision and funding strategy utilizing a variety of research tools
- Completes grant application, proposals, letters of inquiry and other required documents
- Maintains grant calendar and creates database to track submitted, pending and on-going proposals
- Must be available to attend meetings on behalf of the organization
- Financial Planning
- Financial Service Assistance
Good Match For
Kids Teens Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training