Seeking Pet Therapy Volunteers that want to bring comfort and love to patient's within Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care. It is well documented, that certified pet therapy animals provide a multitude of benefits to the patient's that they visit. Such benefits are companionship, relaxation, lessening of physical pain, and decreasing feelings of isolation and alienation. Help us provide these benefits to our patient's and bring that extra bit of fur baby love to your community! All pets must be certified, and appropriate documentation provided.
In order to ensure the highest quality of care for our patients and their families, we adhere to state and federal regulations that mandate special requirements for all hospice volunteers. As a Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care volunteer you are required to complete the following:
A volunteer application with provided references, an in-person interview, and a volunteer service placement meeting.
Ability to successfully pass a Level II Background Check at no cost to you.
A two-step tuberculosis screening at no cost to you, and only required for volunteers that are directly serving patients and their families.
A viable commitment to volunteer within Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care for at least one year.
- Elder care
- Crisis Intervention
- Animal Therapy
- Relationship Building
- Family Therapy
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Pets must be certified and appropriate documentation required
- Needed Veteran Volunteers to...
- Bereavement Volunteer...
- Veterans caring for Veterans
- Share your Love for Sewing
- Become a Life Enrichment Volunteer
- Baby Boomer Volunteers Wanted
- Looking for volunteers to do...
- Pet Therapy/Companionship
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Would you like to give back by...
- We need you and your Fur Baby!
- Become a Hospice Volunteer at...
- Volunteer Training in Polk County
- Baby Boomers Needed in Osceola...
- Veterans Helping Veterans
- Massage Therapy, Art Therapy,...
- In Home Patient Companion...
- Cornerstone Hospice Musical...
- Volunteer Needed to Help Stock...
- Share your Skills as a Massage...