As we move into summer, the maintenance needs of the park increase. The increase in need creates a variety of interesting project opportunities. Hermann Park Conservancy’s Job Shadow Program supplies students the opportunity to observe and participate in a variety of work related activities. The Job Shadow Program can enhance a student's understanding of careers in conservation and provide them with the opportunity to work alongside an experienced employee who can answer questions and provide accurate and timely advice. Job Shadow Program participants will gain knowledge, skills and an understanding of Hermann Park Conservancy. Through this experience, students will see the connection between school and the workforce. Parents and students should attend the orientation on July 8th. The program will be three days per week. Application and waiver required. Takes place Wednesday -Friday and some Saturdays.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- 35 hours by end of the program
- complete a Job Shadow application and waiver
- Park to Port Bike Ride
- Prairie Restoration at Hermann...
- Annual Dog Walk at Hermann Park
- Bird Island Restoration at...
- Habitat Restoration Bayou Parkland
- Job Shadow Summer Youth Program
- Run in the Park at Hermann Park
- Japanese Garden Volunteers
- National Public Lands Day...
- Help our Garden Grow!
- Conservation Volunteers for...
- Kite Festival at Hermann Park