Come join The Treasure Chest!
We are looking for an Inventory Manager for the The Treasure Chest, a new nonprofit resale shop.
Role Responsibilities and Duties
- The Inventory Manager receives, stores, and issues materials, equipment, and other items from stockroom and warehouse.
- Keep records and compile stock reports.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockroom and warehouse.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouse, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Issue or distribute materials, products, parts, and supplies to customers or coworkers, based on information from incoming requisitions.
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, and other warehouse volunteers, as needed.
- Dispose of damaged or defective items, or return them to donors.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Recommend disposal of excess, defective, or obsolete stock.
- Keep records on the use or damage of stock or stock-handling equipment.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports of inventories, shortages, shipments, expenditures, and goods used or issued.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Compile, review, and maintain data from contracts, purchase orders, requisitions, and other documents to assess supply needs.
- Prepare products, supplies, equipment, or other items for use by adjusting, repairing or assembling them as necessary.
- Determine sequence and release of back orders according to stock availability.
- Confer with volunteer personnel and vendors regarding stock procurement and availability.
- Receive new or additional stock, or prepare documents that provide for such incoming inventory.
- Advise internal users on the appropriateness of parts, supplies, or materials requested.
- Business Planning
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week, or as needed.
- self-reliant, very organized, highly efficient, attention to detail, and resourceful