Outreach Manager for Local Non-Profit
RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
The Outreach Manager leads the planning and coordination of outreach events and activities to create awareness and draw in partners and participants to support the organization, including connecting with schools & universities to cultivate relationships and possibly create fundraising opportunities.
- Develops a list of targets, including schools and universities, with which to seek activities and partnerships, and performs all follow up
- Establishes a schedule, directs and participates in education and outreach programs to promote awareness of Rukundo International and its mission
- Supports the Director of Development in the developing an annual action plan for community education and outreach, including short and long-term planning
- Evaluates and monitors existing programs and activities, and communicates assessments to the Director of Development
- Nurtures relationships with existing partners
- Develops, maintains, and promotes a positive and professional relationship with the general public, in alignment with the mission of Rukundo International
- Works with the Communications Team for the development of any materials or communications to support outreach activities
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a week
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Director of Development and Director of Communications, as well as responsive to emails.
- Passion for helping underserved communities and communicating with the public
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized and good time management skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Experienced with public speaking
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
- Resident of the DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virginia, within 20 miles of Washington, D.C.)
- Preferred: bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related field
- Preferred: experience with non-profit fundraising and/or outreach activities
Reports to the Director of Development and Director of Communications
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.