Outreach Manager for Local Non-Profit
RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
The Outreach Manager leads the planning and coordination of outreach events and activities to create awareness and draw in partners and participants to support the organization, including connecting with schools & universities to cultivate relationships and possibly create fundraising opportunities.
- Develops a list of targets, including schools and universities, with which to seek activities and partnerships, and performs all follow up
- Establishes a schedule, directs and participates in education and outreach programs to promote awareness of Rukundo International and its mission
- Supports the Director of Development in the developing an annual action plan for community education and outreach, including short and long-term planning
- Evaluates and monitors existing programs and activities, and communicates assessments to the Director of Development
- Nurtures relationships with existing partners
- Develops, maintains, and promotes a positive and professional relationship with the general public, in alignment with the mission of Rukundo International
- Works with the Communications Team for the development of any materials or communications to support outreach activities
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a week
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Director of Development and Director of Communications, as well as responsive to emails.
- Passion for helping underserved communities and communicating with the public
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized and good time management skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Experienced with public speaking
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
- Resident of the DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virginia, within 20 miles of Washington, D.C.)
- Preferred: bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related field
- Preferred: experience with non-profit fundraising and/or outreach activities
Reports to the Director of Development and Director of Communications
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to fostering global awareness between children and adults in the United States and children in East Africa. Our programs provide an opportunity for individuals to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
RI was formed to provide educational opportunities, healthcare and nutrition, community-based support, and hope to orphans and other underprivileged and at-risk children and their extended families in Kabale, Uganda.