VIRTUAL AND ONSITE POSITIONS AVAILABLE!
Every week, a few hundred dogs enter the Dallas Animal Shelter. With limited capacity, this means that hundreds are euthanized weekly - for space. It doesn't matter if they're the fluffiest, cutest, sweetest animal - no one is safe there. Keeping animals from entering the shelter is a key part of making Dallas a no kill city.
The PASS Program inolves working with citizens who feel they need to give up their animals at the shelter and help them find alternatives from low-cost training and vet care to temporary boarding solutions - and everything in between!
We will provide you with resources for the most commonly seen reasons for surrender - training, medical, rehoming resources, etc - and teach you how to offer these resources to citizens to prevent them from surrendering.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The PASS volunteer will assist with DPA’s PASS program including but not limited to responsibilities for email/phone program, or the on-site program at Dallas Animal Services. The PASS program is a priority initiative of DPA as we work with Dallas Animal Services and the city of Dallas to help reduce the number of animals surrendered to the shelter by counseling pet owners on options such as low-cost vet care and training resources.
Salary / Pay Rate: Volunteer
TIME COMMITMENT: approx. 3-4 hours per Month.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Program Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per month
- Feral Cat Colony Manager
- Adoptions Craig's List (CL)...
- Animal Assistance Partner...
- Events Lead
- Supply Coordinator
- Medical Coordinator - Virtual...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Foster Application Vetter
- Internal Newsletter Editor /...
- Foster/medical administrator
- Help us find new volunteers as...
- Rescue Partner Medical Coordinator
- Landlord and Vet Check Volunteer
- Graphic Designer
- Animal Vet Application Approval...
- Rent A Dog Coordinator
- Social Media Manager
- Positive Alternatives to Shelter...
- Foster Parent Representative
- Do you like going to events,...