The GardenWorks Project, a 501(c)(3) organization operating in the DuPage County area seeds a volunteer Treasurer to join our Board of Directors.
The candidate will have nonprofit accounting experience, develop and oversee organizational accounting policies and procedures, and provide some hands-on bookkeeping using Quickbooks.
Other responsibilities may include:
- With Executive Director, draft and present the annual budget to the board
- Prepare and present a treasurer’s report at board meetings
- Check accounting work for errors and fraud
- Sign or approve checks and other payments
- Review annual tax return for the organization (Form 990)
- Financial Auditing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- About 3 hours monthly (board mtgs/work from home)
- Nonprofit finance experience