Title: Direct Services Volunteer Coordination Volunteer/ Intern
Time Commitment: 18 hours week
Summary of Position:
The Direct Services Volunteer Coordination Intern supports the Community Advocate Program by completing administrative and research tasks, doing community outreach and teaching classes as assigned as well as ensuring the availability of and preparing the materials for classes taught.
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Administrative Tasks in volunteer retention:
v Assist with registration of volunteers and staff to classes.
v Track class attendance and trainee progress towards volunteering.
v Check In with current volunteers.
v Assist in capturing data on volunteer retention.
v Prepare, edit, send out and evaluate a volunteer survey per semester.
II. Caritas University Volunteer and Staff Classes:
v Prepare class materials and teach classes as assigned.
v Update class materials for accurate and representative data as needed.
IV. Organizational Support Functions
v Assist in setting up, attend or host monthly volunteer meet-ups as assigned.
v Attend scheduled program, department and all-staff meetings and trainings.
v Serve as back up for the Community Advocate Program staff in case of emergency.
v Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
V. Community Outreach:
v Represent the volunteer team at outreach fairs, open houses, community events
v Reach out to new agencies and interest groups as potential volunteer sources
Volunteer Dress Code policy:
Your contact with our constituents - clients, donors, other volunteers, visitors and the general public - is vital to agency operations and places a special emphasis on your role in projecting a professional image. You are expected to dress in attire appropriate for the people whom you meet volunteering and for the kind of role that you perform. Use good judgment, and if you have any questions about appropriate attire, ask your supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least two years of university studies in education, education administration, social work, psychology or related fields
- Team player: Responsive, communicative and flexible.
- Creative, engaging and eager to do and learn.
- Ability to work independently, follow directives with minimal supervision and meet tight deadlines.
- Organized and reliable, with strong attention to detail.
- Friendly, but always mindful that relationships must be professional, not personal.
- Patient, communicating with cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Some experience writing reports preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Arabic, Nepali, Burmese, French etc. is a plus.
- Excellent, documented experience in adult education related activities in a social service setting.
- The opportunity to interact and work with diverse populations: international refugees, the homeless and the working poor.
- The potential to gain a greater understanding of direct client services in a social service setting.
- Experience facilitating learning activities for and adapting them to the needs of diverse adult populations.
- Experience in planning, conducting, and evaluating outreach related research.
- Opportunities to learn from and contribute to the improvement of the Community Advocate Program.
- Opportunities to attend internal and external trainings as deemed appropriate.
- The opportunity to conduct related research.
- College credit, if appropriate.
- Letters of recommendation provided upon successful completion of the internship.
- Pre-training screening interview
- Criminal background check
- Caritas University:
*Caritas 101: What it means to be a Community Advocate/DSV?
*Caritas 3: Understanding the Reality of Poverty
*Caritas 6: Welcome to Caritas of Austin
*Caritas 7: Working with Refugee/Resettlement Clients
Caritas 8: Working with Supportive Housing Clients
Caritas 9: Working with Housing Stability Clients
*Complete training before internship
Contact: Loly Thomas, Direct Service Volunteer Coordinator _ Caritas of Austin email@example.com 512.632-0559(mobile)
- Adult Education
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 18 hours per week
- Help someone or a family...
- Community Kitchen Volunteer
- Apartment Set-up Volunteer
- Bilingual Direct Service...
- Volunteer Management...
- Homeless & Refugee Employment...
- Receptionist And Pantry Assistant
- Refugee Child Day Care Liaison
- Caritas Education Program: ...
- Landlord Outreach Specialist...
- Administrative Volunteers
- Community Advocates - Volunteers
- Donation Drivers - Volunteers
- Volunteer Driving Refugees-...
- Caritas Employment Program...