Are you a leader who has an abundance of creativity? Are you outgoing, with a flair for social media and PR? Do you enjoy planning events, promoting causes, and raising funds? If you said, YES and are a sophomore or junior attending a local college or university...we are looking for you.
We are a 13+ year-old grassroots nonprofit, which advocates against child sexual abuse. Our nonprofit advocacy won the 2016 Governor's Service Volunteer Award for outstanding programming. We are a professional survivor-led organization seeking:
- Hard-working sincere college students willing to use their resources and creative juices to stop child abuse and sexual assault.The ideal candidate would be an articulate student between 18-23 years old, who is attending a local undergraduate university. Art, Marketing, Law, Psychology, and Communications majors are encouraged to apply, but all majors are welcome! Our board members are ambassadors to Just Speak Incorporated. You will serve as a member of the Just Speak Board of Directors, and be expected to serve 1 year in that capacity.You will be expected to serve on one or more committees. The Just Speak, Inc. Board of Directors is a working board. Members are expected to attend all of our events, including events hosted by our student organization on the campus of Wayne State University.
- All selected applicants must attend monthly meetings, committee meetings, and assist in securing funding and sponsorships for our nonprofit. You must be responsible and take your role seriously.
- You MUST be able to balance your academics with volunteering with our organzation.
- You must have experience in marketing and PR, finance, law, or medical profession, with a strong compassion for our advocacy.
- All candidates are subject to a DHS Clearance and iChat background check.
If you are interested in serving as a board member, please send your resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resource Development / Management
- Program Management
- Strategic Planning
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10+ hours per month
- DHS clearance, resume, volunteer contract