Just Speak Inc.
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Board Development
- Children & Youth
- Crisis Support
Location220 S. Main StreetRoyal Oak, MI 48067 United States
Mission Bringing a mix of play and researched interventions alive, Just Speak empowers young people with resiliency skills, building trauma-informed schools and healthier communities.
Just Speak is a trauma-centered advocacy that provides crisis support and resiliency programming for children and youth aged 5 to 17 years. Since 2003, Just Speak has held the survivor story as the connector for a network of trained advocates from a variety of disciplines. We believe that prevention, intervention, and awareness building based in play and creative expression leads to healthy socio-emotional skills, and ultimately, to a life of resiliency.
- We believe that when youth find their own voice they can advocate for themselves and others.
- We believe that youth are agents for positive change in their community.
- We believe that every youth has a right to a safe space.
- We believe that youth can reinvent themselves in the face of trauma in a way that both builds skills and celebrates life.
- We believe that survivors are lighthouses whose stories shatter silence and serve as universal messages of strength.
- We believe in a world where youth can still believe they are magic-makers and superheroes while reshaping who they will become.