FIRST (r) LEGO(r) League Introduces students (ages 9-14) to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface. FIRST LEGO League teams, guided by their creativity, imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and, through the process, learn to make positive contributions to society.
FIRST LEGO League Competition Volunteers:
- Help kids discover the fun in science and technology
- Have a positive impact on the lives of children
- Are inspired and energized through their participation
- Generally commit one day each year to making the competition a success (time depends on role)
- Are provided with training, breakfast, lunch and a t-shirt
- Roles include, judges, referees, queuing, scorekeeping, setup and cleanup
- Make new friends with like-minded people
- Volunteer together with friends, family, and colleagues
- Have fun!
How to volunteer for a Colorado FIRST LEGO League Competition:
- Register as a volunteer with FIRST - https://my.usfirst.org/vims
- Choose the FIRST LEGO League program.
- Select Colorado to find the list of events.
- Find the event you want to volunteer for and then choose the role(s) you are interested in and your availability. We especially need judges - this doesn’t require special skills and there is online training in advance of event.
- You will hear from a volunteer coordinator confirming your assignment close to the date of the event you volunteered for.
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Mechanical Engineering
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Depends upon role selected