To provide comfort, smiles, and a sense of well-being to patients, simultaneously providing the same for staff and visitors.
Dogs are to be escorted on leash by owner/handler to designated areas of the hospital under the direction of the Manager of Volunteer Services or designee.
DAYS & TIMES NEEDED: Sunday thru Monday daytime and/or evening
Must have attended a volunteer orientation and be knowledge of and adhere to hospital policies concerning confidentiality in relation to patients, physicians, and other staff members.
Dog must be certified by Delta Society, Good Dog Foundation, or Therapy Dogs International prior to being on premise. Dogs will also need to pass an on-site inspection of behavior conducted by the Manager of Volunteer Services.
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Volunteer Services
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Relationship Building
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum of six months
- Office Guru Needed to Assist in...
- Praxair Cancer Center Volunteers...
- Become an Emergency Department...
- Are you a Book Worm? We are...
- Newtown Primary Care Clinic...
- Enjoy Baking Cookies? Join Our...
- Hospitality Cart Volunteers Needed
- Patient Relations Liaison Needed...
- Have a Certified Pet Therapy...