We are looking for volunteers to come in between 2pm and 4pm to set up a mobile cookie baking cart. We would like to send volunteers out in pairs for this assignment. Sign up with a friend!
- Retrieve the cookie dough from the dietary department
- Tour the cart around to various floors
- Bake cookies in a mini convection oven on a cart and let them cool enough to place in little goodie bags, never leaving a hot oven alone.
- Offer cookies to patients that have been identified by the unit manager as able to partake, so long as there are no dietary restrictions and also give out cookies to visitors and staff members (they will be able to smell the aroma as they come off the elevator and it smells like 'home")
- Return unused cookie dough to the dietary department
- Return to the Volunteer Office to break down and clean up/wash and wipe down all cookiing utensils and other materials
- Seeking strong interpersonal skills with a pleasant and friendly attitude
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to push a cart
- Ability to take direction
- Awareness and sensitivity to others needs and wishes
- Must have knowledge of all hospital policies concerning confidentiality, in relation to patients, physicians, and other staff members
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of six months of service
- Office Guru Needed to Assist in...
- Praxair Cancer Center Volunteers...
- Become an Emergency Department...
- Are you a Book Worm? We are...
- Newtown Primary Care Clinic...
- Enjoy Baking Cookies? Join Our...
- Hospitality Cart Volunteers Needed
- Patient Relations Liaison Needed...
- Have a Certified Pet Therapy...