40 people are interested
Enjoy Baking Cookies? Bring a Buddy and Join Our Baked with Love Program at Danbury Hospital
ORGANIZATION: Danbury Hospital
Please visit the new page to apply.
40 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers to come in between 2pm and 4pm to set up a mobile cookie baking cart. We would like to send volunteers out in pairs for this assignment. Sign up with a friend! Great for a family activity with a parent and 16 year old child or older.
- Retrieve the cookie dough from the dietary department
- Tour the cart around to various floors
- Bake cookies in a mini convection oven on a cart and let them cool enough to place in little goodie bags, never leaving a hot oven alone.
- Offer cookies to patients that have been identified by the unit manager as able to partake, so long as there are no dietary restrictions and also give out cookies to visitors and staff members (they will be able to smell the aroma as they come off the elevator and it smells like 'home")
- Return unused cookie dough to the dietary department
- Return to the Volunteer Office to break down and clean up/wash and wipe down all cookiing utensils and other materials
- Seeking strong interpersonal skills with a pleasant and friendly attitude
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to push a cart
- Ability to take direction
- Awareness and sensitivity to others needs and wishes
- Must have knowledge of all hospital policies concerning confidentiality, in relation to patients, physicians, and other staff members
About Danbury Hospital
24 HOSPITAL AVE, DANBURY, CT 06810, US
Our mission is to improve the health of every person we serve through the efficient delivery of excellent, innovative and compassionate care. Danbury Hospital, part of the Western Connecticut Health Network, will be the preferred partner in health and provider of care for the communities we serve and will be among the most respected community healthcare systems in the nation.
At Danbury Hospital we are committed to providing you and your family with personalized care without compromise. For more than 130 years, we have been caring for residents throughout the Greater Danbury area.
Our patients are people first - we know them from school, places of worship and the community. That’s the benefit of care from our warm, inviting community hospital as opposed to a large, unfamiliar medical center.
* Excellence - We deliver the highest quality of care and service and surpass established standards through a continuous focus on improvement, innovation and education.
* Integrity - We approach our work with the highest standards of openness, honesty and ethical behavior, with freedom from any inappropriate influence or motive.
* Compassion - We serve others with empathy and a desire to alleviate their suffering while honoring each individual’s dignity and privacy.
* Teamwork - We work together in a cooperative, coordinated and supportive environment that places the team’s or organization’s goals ahead of individual goals.
* Fiscal Responsibility - We achieve our mission through efficient and effective use of our resources and personal accountability for ensuring financial integrity and performance.
24 Hospital Avenue6 SouthDanbury, CT 06810
September 29, 2023
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of six months of service