To apply, please fill out online application at www.arshtcenter.org/internships
As the focal point of performing arts activity in South Florida, the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County serves as a showcase for the finest in established and developing performing arts programs. The Center is the foundation on which established resident organizations build their programs and extend their reach. The Center also serves as a laboratory, providing first class accessible facilities for smaller, emerging and developing organizations and for the Center’s own innovative productions and events.
The Center provides our diverse audiences with opportunities to share South Florida's many cultures, offering insights and understanding. As an educational resource, the Center broadens the horizons of our children and enhances our quality of life by
offering a full range of cultural learning experiences.
This program is designed to introduce interns to all facets of Production/Operations Management including but not limited to: familiarizing and acclimating to the Center’s operating procedures, learning budgeting and finances, managing resources,
understanding unions, organizing and managing a team that does not operate in a standard office/admin environment, providing support to the technical staff in activities associated with the execution of performances presented at or by the Center.
The Production/Operations Management Intern assists the Technical Director with:
* Department management & organization
* Providing resources and assistance to Operations teams including Engineering & Security.
* Organizing archival documentation.
* Participating in Safety Committee
* Processing union payrolls
* Vendor accounts, orders, invoice processing and documentation
* Overseeing production annual maintenance
* Creating production show/events estimates
* Data entry, show preparation and other tasks as assigned
* Junior, senior or graduate status (College/University) pursuing a degree in Theater or related field.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
* Minimum 16 hours of availability in Arsht Center offices per week between 9:00 am and 5:30pm.
* Acute attention to detail, strong interest in the arts.
* This is an unpaid internship, but it can be taken for school credit. Please check with your school for more details.
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Stage Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 16+ hours per week
- Fall 2017 - Hospitality &...
- Fall 2017- Promotions Internship...
- Fall 2017 - Theater Production...
- Fall 2017 - Web/Graphic Design...
- Fall 2017 -...
- Fall 2017 - Accounting...
- Fall 2017 - Information...
- Fall 2017- Public Relations...
- Fall 2017- Work Force Management...
- Fall 2017- Non Profit Office...
- Fall 2017 Non-Profit Corporate...
- Fall 2017- Fundraising...
- Fall 2017 Design Traffic...
- Fall 2017- Production/Operations...
- Fall 2017- Media...