After School Program Tutor
43 people are interested
APPLY NOW ON OUR WEBSITE: https://www.nclifeline.org/After-School-Program-Tutor
PURPOSE - After School Program Tutors support North County Lifeline’s Club Crown Heights at La Casita. La Casita is set up as an early intervention program for at-risk youth and provide services for (on average) 30 children ages 6 to 12 on a daily basis. The site allows for a safe space for children to go to when released from school.
· Tutor elementary age students in basic math or literacy
· Provide private instruction to individual or small groups of students to improve academic performance
· Collaborate with La Casita staff to determine student needs and develop tutoring plan
· Keep record on student learning plans and activity logs
· Enhance self-esteem and confidence in the student through patience and encouragement
· Models excitement about learning through a positive adult relationship
· Assists with activities and programming
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - not required
· At least 2 years of study at an institution of higher education
· Possess at least 1 year of youth or education related experience prior to start date, such as experience as a tutor or teacher, a paraprofessional or instructional aide, or a camp counselor or youth activity leader
· Minimum commitment of six months or a semester (for current students) is required
· At least one day a week (Monday - Thursday from 3:00pm - 6:00pm)
DRESS CODE - Casual Attire
SECURITY CHECKS - TB Test, Drug Screening, and LiveScan Background Check
About North County Lifeline
200 Michigan Ave., Vista, CA 92084, US
To build self-reliance among youth, individuals and families through problem solving, skill-building and accessible community-based services.
Who We Are
North County Lifeline is an organization of case managers, counselors, therapists, mentors, social service workers, assessment specialists, program developers, mediators, educators, youth leaders, volunteers, interns and administrators.
We are your connection to resources within the community.
We are your Lifeline.
What We're About
- Developing resilient youth
- Nurturing family strengths
- Partnering to solve community problems
We'll work with your schedule.
OceansideOceanside, CA 92054
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one day a week for one semester (for current students) or six months
- Drug Test and TB Test