On the Go, a program of Jewish Family Service, is our transportation service for older adults.
Goal of Position:
The On the Go volunteer administrative assistant would assist the program coordinator by maintaining and bringing volunteer and rider files up-to-date.
* The program coordinator currently manages over 800 rides per month. Maintaining current files is pivotal in providing excellent service to the older adult community.
* A warm, friendly environment and the satisfaction that they will be helping older adults meet their transportation needs.
* Answer phones
* Call new enrollees
* Assemble and mail out rider enrollments
* Enter rider information into On the Go Rosters and Emergency Preparedness database
* Check rider and ride details in On the Go Rosters, RideScheduler and ETOi
* Fold, label and send JFS Social and Wellness Newsletters
* Conduct Rider Satisfaction surveys over the phone
* Write and send Volunteer Appreciation Thank You cards
* Distribute flyers in the community (mileage reimbursement provided)
* Assist with Lyft and Uber dispatch
* Other clerical duties including but not limited to filing, faxing, printing, scanning, etc.
* Be punctual
* Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills - Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
* Friendly, especially over the phone with seniors who may be hard of hearing
* Well-organized and detail-oriented; neatness and accuracy are very important
11. Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
2. Attend a JFS volunteer interview and orientation with Volunteer Services staff
3. Must have car insurance
4. Agree to background check, reference check, and privacy & security policy
We are looking for a volunteer who would like to commit to this opportunity 1-2 times per week, Monday through Thursday, for a total of 4-8 hours per week. Or two volunteers who can each come in for 2-4 hours per week.
Jewish Family Service * 8804 Balboa Avenue * San Diego, CA * 92123
Rides & Smiles Coordinator
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 months
- Must have car insurance
- Development Administrative...
- Friendly Match: Mentor a Refugee...
- Food Pantry Downtown needs You...
- Prepare Warm Meals to Feed Your...
- Give Rides & Smiles! San Diego...
- Share your Knowledge, Talent,...
- Mandarin Translator
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed...
- Serve Lunch to Older Adults at...
- Corner Market Volunteer
- Food Pantry needs your help to...
- Blog & Social Media Internship
- Corner Market Volunteer: Restore...
- Child Activity Helper
- Bikkur Holim: Become a Friendly...
- On the Go Administrative Assistant
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Nonprofit needs Reception...
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant