The WARM Center is in need of volunteers interested in becoming certified as Volunteer Income Tax preparers. No previous experience is required. The IRS provides free online tax law training, e-file training and all the materials needed to prepare basic individual income tax returns. Volunteers are asked to serve an average of three to four hours per week from the end of January through the middle of April to prepare free tax returns for low-to-moderate income families and in dividuals in the community.
WARM’s VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) site is open weekdays and some Saturday mornings during the tax season.
- Financial Auditing
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3 to 4 hours a week from January through mid-April
- Board of Directors Members...
- Disaster Preparedness Youth Group
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program...
- RI Welcome Center
- SK CARES Mentor
- Musical Instrument Instructor
- Jonnycake of Peace Dale Friday...
- Rhode Island Veterans' Cemetery...
- Tax Preparer
- Medical Transportation Drivers
- Meals on Wheels Drivers &...